Monday, November 7, 2011

Chapter 13- Architecture

Hagia Sophia, Istanbul

Taj Mahal, Agra, India

The architecture of the two both have a few similarities from their appearance. They both have dome shaped rooftops and four towers that surround the building. In my opinion I find the Taj Mahal much more appealing than the Hagia Sophia because when I look at the Taj Mahal I feel as if i'm looking at a mirage. It gives of a sense of lucidity and I can gaze at it hours on end while listening to a good shoe gaze album.
Hagia Sophia's appearance just seems bland, run down, and aged.



Moshe Safdie, Habitat, Montreal


Frank Lloyd Wright, Fallingwater, Bear Run, Pennsylvania


Both are very unique and are surrounded by nature. Fallingwater appears to be so zen, tranquil, and relaxing that it makes you just want to go there for yoga and meditation, maybe even a lounging around and observing the nature that surrounds you. The Moshe Safdie looks like it was created a kids imagination using Jenga blocks, the overall appearance looks complex yet carefully arranged in a clean puzzling manner. I feel as if the building can tip over at any second.



No comments:

Post a Comment